Sunday, March 15, 2009

SXSW Interactive Festival!

I have been working for the SXSW festival for the past few days. It is amazing how many opportunities I have had to see Social networking sites at work. I personally tweeted that the guy from the Sonic commercials was just checked in at registration. I have also seen multiple tweets from the people on the registration crew, but from about people involved in all sections of the festival. Apart from searching for stars I have received several business cards and other promotional material that included peoples' Twitter accounts. Most of those people were headed to the Interactive portion of the festival which includes five days of panel discussions and many parties celebrating the best minds and brightest personalities in emerging technologies. Unfortunately I do not get to attend any of the panels but I look forward to utilizing more technology and listening in on some of the podcasts they are creating of the panels. All sorts of great information can be found on the SXSW interactive website. http://sxsw.com/interactive/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too volunteered at SXSW and completely agree, if you are tapped into people who are tweeting the whole time, it makes you feel like you are connected to the entire festival and not just your area. I worked the tradeshow and was able to update my facebook regularly throughout the week(I am not much of a tweeter). I got alot of responses back from other people at SXSW but who were in different areas. I updated that I had just found amazing social media booths at the tradeshow and what they were about, I also updated all the celebrities I got to see working the corridor for the panels and not to mention the interviews that went on during Studio SX inside the tradeshow. I think the SXSW is one of the best events to test social media by far.