Sunday, April 5, 2009

Studio SX Presents Jeffery Zeldman and Michael Loop

I just watched a video of a SXSW interactive discussion on usability research. I am very interested in this field. The experts that were speaking, Jeffery Zeldman and Michael Loop discussed the field of usability, what they look for in employees, and the discrepancy between the number of men vs women in the field. In my PR class we had a guest speaker who works in the usability research field. She runs a company that other companies hire to test the usability of their websites. She recruits testers from the target market and observes them going through the site while she asks questions. She then prepares a report to send back to the companies. I am fascinated by this field and I would love to learn more about it and perhaps pursue a career in usability research. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get into this field please let me know!

No comments: